PLUS ADDITIONAL SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL
***Shift Times: 12 HR***
6A-6P ; 6P-6A
$2.75 WEEKEND DAY
$4 WEEKDAY NIGHT
$5 WEEKEND NIGHT
Job Description and Responsibilities
Are you looking for a career you can feel good about? We hire only those that strive to do their best. By joining our family, you'll receive the honor and recognition that comes with working for the industry's global leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.
Who We Are:
GEO provides complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous government partners worldwide across a spectrum of diversified correctional and community reentry services. From the development of state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver enhanced quality and improved outcomes.
Why Work for GEO:
- At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are integral parts of our company's success.
- We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary things.
- Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial. With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that you will find all the resources you need here to be successful.
Initiates and provides comprehensive nursing care in a correctional setting while observing and maintaining the requirements of operational security.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a complete physical assessment and medical history as required on each detainee/inmate entering the correctional system. Medical problems are referred to the physician for extended evaluation.
- Assists physician with sick call by screening patients and minor surgical procedures. Treats detainees/inmates with problems within professional capabilities and refers other medical problems to the appropriate physician.
- Ensures the implementation of physician's orders. Ensures that prescribed medications are administered as ordered using the formulary. Applies knowledge of drugs and therapeutics in dispensing medication.
- Makes observation rounds on patients, and records in progress notes. Evaluates symptoms, reactions, and progress of patients on periodic basis, charts, and reports problems to management.
- Maintains security while dispensing medications and is continually cognizant of the potential hazard of drug hoarding and trafficking among detainees/inmates. Maintains non-involvement in the security aspects of care.
- Destroys and properly disposes of all needles/syringes.
- Prepares regularly scheduled reports and special reports as necessary.
- Maintains compliance with industry and company policies for accreditation.
- Documents all detainee/inmate contacts. Maintains confidentiality of medical records.
- Coordinates Chronic Disease Clinic scheduling.
- Supervises the work flow of the LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) staff. Provides input into performance evaluation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This Nurse job opening last updated on 10/13/2023. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on RNJobSite.com.
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree from a NLN (National League of Nurses) approved program; graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Must have a current, unrestricted license to practice as Registered Nurse in the state the facility is located. Maintains a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience preferred.
- Must possess competence in the performance of the following services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical assessment, medical nursing care, and psychiatric nursing care.
- Must have the ability to work without direct, immediate supervision in performing nursing diagnosis, and be able provide appropriate follow through treatment.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Health & Welfare hourly supplement of $4.23/hr. up to 40 hrs./week for hourly employees
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Life insurance plans
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) retirement program with company match
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Pet insurance
- Night differential pay +$4.00/hr.
- Weekend night differential pay +$5.00/hr.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Global Leader in Evidence-Based Rehabilitation The GEO Group is committed to providing leading, evidence-based rehabilitation programs to individuals while in-custody and post-release into the community through the "GEO Continuum of Care®." GEO's diversified services platform provides unique capabilities for the delivery of educational and vocational programs, cognitive behavioral and substance abuse treatment, and faith-based services across the entire corrections spectrum. The GEO Continuum of Care is enhanced in-custody offender rehabilitation programming, including cognitive behavioral treatment, integrated with post–release support services. Who We Are GEO provides complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous government partners worldwide across a spectrum of diversifi...Click here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company