Pay Rate : $35.00 per hour
***SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE***
***SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL AVAILABLE***
Are you looking for a career you can feel good about? We hire only those that strive to do their best. By joining our family, you'll receive the honor and recognition that comes with working for the industry's global leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.
Who We Are:
GEO provides complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous government partners worldwide across a spectrum of diversified correctional and community reentry services. From the development of state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver enhanced quality and improved outcomes.
Why Work for GEO:
- At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are integral parts of our company's success.
- We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary things.
- Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial. With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that you will find all the resources you need here to be successful.
This position participates in the implementation and evaluation of the detainees/inmates’ health care needs and provides comprehensive nursing care while observing and maintaining the requirements of security.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Under an RN’s direction, develops nursing care plans on detainees/inmates.
- Performs a complete physical assessment and medical history as required on each detainee/inmate entering the correctional system, if permitted by the client. Medical problems are referred to the physician for extended evaluation.
- Assists physician with sick call by screening patients and performing minor surgical procedures. Treats detainees/inmates with problems within professional capabilities and refers other medical problems to the appropriate physician.
- Ensures the implementation of physician's orders. Ensures that prescribed medications are administered as ordered using the formulary. Applies knowledge of drugs and therapeutics in administering medication.
- Makes observation rounds on patients, and records in progress notes. Evaluates symptoms, reactions, and progress of patients on periodic basis, charts, and reports problems to management.
- Maintains security while administering medications and is continually cognizant of the potential hazard of drug hoarding and trafficking among detainees/inmates. Maintains non-involvement in the security aspects of care.
- Destroys and properly disposes of all needles/syringes.
- Prepares regularly scheduled reports and special reports as necessary.
- Documents all detainee/inmate contacts. Maintains confidentiality of medical records.
- Maintains compliance with industry and company policies for accreditation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This Nurse job opening last updated on 12/11/2023. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on RNJobSite.com.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Must have a current, unrestricted license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the state the facility is located. Maintains a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience Licensed Practical Nurse preferred.
- Must possess competence in the performance of the following services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical assessment, medical nursing care, and psychiatric nursing care.
- Must have the ability to work without direct, immediate supervision in performing nursing diagnosis, and be able provide appropriate follow through treatment.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
GEO Secured Services
Full-time employees will enjoy a competitive benefits package with options for you and your family including:
|• Paid Time Off
|• Paid Holidays
|• 401(k) Matching
|• Health Insurance
|• Vision Insurance
|• Life Insurance
|• Health Savings Account
|• Tuition Reimbursement
|• Employee Discount
|• Reduced Tuition Rates
|• Disability Insurance
|• Employee Assistance Program
|• Pet Insurance
|• Dental Insurance
|• Paid Training
|• Flexible Spending Account
|• Other Benefits Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Global Leader in Evidence-Based Rehabilitation The GEO Group is committed to providing leading, evidence-based rehabilitation programs to individuals while in-custody and post-release into the community through the "GEO Continuum of Care®." GEO's diversified services platform provides unique capabilities for the delivery of educational and vocational programs, cognitive behavioral and substance abuse treatment, and faith-based services across the entire corrections spectrum. The GEO Continuum of Care is enhanced in-custody offender rehabilitation programming, including cognitive behavioral treatment, integrated with post–release support services. Who We Are GEO provides complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous government partners worldwide across a spectrum of diversifi...Click here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company