Registered Nurse ( RN ) $15,000 Sign On Bonus
Love home health and hate documenting? Searching for a better work / life balance? Tired of charting after hours? Do you want to spend more time with your patients and family? We have a new and exciting program that allows you to utilize your clinical skills and provide care to your patients without extraneous documentation. Want to learn more? Apply today.
AW Health Care is a St. Louis based, independently operated, women-owned enterprise. We recently celebrated our 20th anniversary in the home health industry. AW is a rapidly growing home health agency, with an innovative approach to patient centered care. Our team consists of over 400 employees serving over 1500 patients in Missouri and Illinois.
A Registered Nurse administers skilled nursing care to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Director of Clinical Services/Nursing Supervisor.
Registered Nurse ( RN ) Responsibilities:
- The RN provides services in accordance with the plan of care.
- Makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates the patient’s nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions.
- Provides those services requiring substantial specialized nursing skills.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes for each patient visit and summaries of care conferences on his/her patients in a timely manner as per Agency policy.
- Coordinates services.
- Informs personnel of changes in the condition and needs of the patient.
- Counsels the patient and family/significant others in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Participates in and presents inservice programs.
- Understands and adheres to established Agency policies and procedures.
- Processes orders and notifies physician of patient needs and changes in condition. Completes certification/ recertification orders and discharge summaries.
- Determines the amount and type of nursing needed by each individual patient.
- Refers to Physical Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist and Licensed Clinical Social Worker those patients requiring their specialized skills.
- Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel.
- Conducts patient care conferences on patients assigned to his/her care.
- Participates in peer review and performance improvement as assigned.
- Participates in utilization review of medical records as assigned.
- Gives total patient care as needed.
- Takes on-call duty nights, weekends and holidays, as assigned.
- Completes and submits OASIS assessments, reassessments, transfers, resumptions of care, discharges and significant change in condition in accordance with Agency defined time frames.
- Appropriately utilizes ICD-9 codes.
Works indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from patient homes.
- Supervised by: Director of Clinical Services/Nursing Supervisor
- Workers Supervised: Licensed Practical Nurse, Home Health Aide
AW Health Care Benefits: AW Health Care offers its' employees a wide range of benefits including:
- $15,000 Sign on Bonus
- Matching 401K
- Paid Time Off
- And a wide range of supplemental benefit options including, but not limited too:
- Additional Life Insurance
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
This Nurse job opening last updated on 02/05/2024. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on RNJobSite.com.
Registered Nurse ( RN ) Qualifications:
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing and currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
- Two (2) years nursing experience, preferred.
- Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this Agency.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
Ability to perform the following tasks if necessary:
- Ability to participate in physical activity.
- Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and being involved in physical activity.
- Heavy lifting.
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis.
Welcome to AW Health CareTo us, it’s personal. We understand that making healthcare decisions can be stressful. Whether you need care for an aging parent, a disabled family member or for yourself, AW Health Care can tailor a program to meet your specific needs and provide valuable peace-of-mind.AW Health Care is a local, women-owned enterprise, ranked in the top 10% of all home health agencies in the St. Louis region. Utilizing a comprehensive care model, AW delivers the highest standard of QUALITY healthcare at LOWER costs.To join our award-winning team, click here for all our open positions.We offer a comprehensive array of services that include in-home medical and non-medical based personal care, nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, adult day care,...Click here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company