Pay Range: $48.00 - $54.31 per hr
PAY OFFERED IS BASED ON EXPERIENCE WiTH LICENSURE
$4,000.00 SIGN-ON BONUS!
GEO Secure Services
Job Description and Responsibilities
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) looking for a challenging yet rewarding environment, where you can really make a difference? Are you passionate about people and believe that everyone deserves the highest quality of healthcare? If so, then we have the role for you! As the industry's global leader in evidence-based rehabilitation, we are looking for people like you to add to our growing team of professionals!
Join A Community That Cares
Joining GEO means contributing to our mission to provide the best rehabilitation and community reintegration programs and services to those in our care. GEO is a place for professional growth, exploration, creativity, and valuable interpersonal relationships. Interested in achieving extraordinary things? Send in your application. Every one of our employees makes us who we are.
Role and Responsibilities
Working alongside our Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), you’ll play a vital part in providing the highest level of Nursing care to inmates/detainees while putting a special focus on maintaining our safe and secure workplace.
- Provide nursing care within your capacity and refer other medical problems to the appropriate physician.
- Perform comprehensive physical assessment and medical history.
- Periodically evaluate patients' symptoms, reactions, and progress, and report problems to Physician and management.
- Securely administer medication, taking precautions against drug hoarding and trafficking
- Make sure prescribed medications are administered as instructed.
- Provide patient education for Chronic Illnesses, post-hospitalization, post-surgical procedures.
- Supervises the workflow of the LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) staff and provides input into performance evaluation.
- Document all detainee/inmate contacts and keep medical records confidential.
- Follow industry and company accreditation policies.
We're looking for individuals from different backgrounds
Building an inclusive culture where every employee can perform to their maximum potential is the center of GEO’s employee value proposition. Our success is based on diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of eclectic perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply. Here’s to unlimited ideas, increased productivity, and innovative solutions!
This Registered Nurse job opening last updated on 09/28/2023. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on RNJobSite.com.
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree from an approved program; graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Must have a current, unrestricted license to practice as Registered Nurse in the state the facility is located. Maintains a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience Registered Nurse preferred.
- Must possess competence in the performance of the following services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical assessment, medical nursing care, and psychiatric nursing care.
- Must have the ability to work without direct, immediate supervision in performing nursing diagnosis, and be able provide appropriate follow through treatment.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Global Leader in Evidence-Based Rehabilitation The GEO Group is committed to providing leading, evidence-based rehabilitation programs to individuals while in-custody and post-release into the community through the "GEO Continuum of Care®." GEO's diversified services platform provides unique capabilities for the delivery of educational and vocational programs, cognitive behavioral and substance abuse treatment, and faith-based services across the entire corrections spectrum. The GEO Continuum of Care is enhanced in-custody offender rehabilitation programming, including cognitive behavioral treatment, integrated with post–release support services. Who We Are GEO provides complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous government partners worldwide across a spectrum of diversifi...Click here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company