ID: 6044 (23295913)
Location: Baltimore, MD - US
Duration: Part Time
Company: Cape Fox Shared Services
Contact: Margaret Pollock Call: 703-686-2338
Eagle Health LLC is seeking a qualified RN to join our team supporting NIH providing Occupational care.
This position will support the NIH Occupational Medical Service located in Baltimore, Maryland.
The Staff Nurse will provide confidential medical services to employees for a variety of work- related medical and counseling services. OMS works under the Department of Health and Safety within NIH and collaborates with safety professionals and NIH researchers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The incumbent performs duties as described below in accordance with OMS policies and procedures:
Clinical Responsibilities (70%)
- Independently performs initial evaluation and triaging medical emergencies;
- Assists in the clinical care provided for medical emergencies to include wound care, medication administration, phlebotomy, EKG’s and BGM;
- Assist in implementing health promotion activities within the NIH community;
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team to perform initial assessment, treatment, and counseling of occupational injuries and illness and mental health crises. When necessary make appropriate referrals to internal and external providers related to injury or illness;
- Provide proper documentation and education to employees about workers compensation and work restrictions following an accident or illness;
- Independently conducts pre-placement medical evaluations to include vital signs, hearing/vision testing and EKG’s;
- Enroll and educate employees in appropriate medical surveillance programs (animal exposure program, tuberculosis, and biological surety program);
- Strong working knowledge of how to provide patient education and treatment to employees who may be exposed to blood borne pathogens;
- Provide work related immunizations, including international travel immunizations and counseling to NIH employees;
- Complies with universal precautions, infection control and waste management guidelines;
- Manage triage telephone calls and walk-in patients in a professional and with quick assessment skills;
- Nurse must be willing and able to provide ad hoc support in Bethesda and Frederick satellite clinics;
- Nurse will be cross trained for coverage in satellite clinics
Administrative Responsibilities (30% )
- Review and revise all sections of the OMS procedure manual annually;
- Participate in quality improvement activities;
- Participate in nurse training and staff meetings.
- Work with OMS Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers on new OMS initiatives.
This Registered Nurse job opening was originally posted on 05/01/2023 and last updated on 05/01/2023. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on RNJobSite.com.
- Education: Bachelor of Nursing Science (BSN).
- Experience: Minimum three years, post nursing licensure. Prefer occupational health background or emergency room experience. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must have knowledge of worker’s compensation and possess practical knowledge of OSHA guidelines. Must adhere to HIPAA, Privacy Act guidelines and be able to perform work in a confidential manner.
- License: Registered as an RN in the state of Maryland
- Certification: Basic Cardiac Life Support through the American Heart Association