Social Work Program Specialist I - 1126826 (21185001)
- Identify special needs members through the completion of health screens and other resources
- Work with community outreach / member advocates to coordinate member care
- Educate providers and community resources on program components and available support services
- Educate members with special needs to foster compliance with program and positively impact outcomes
- Conduct site visits as appropriate for programs and provide support to other special programs
- Develop and modify care plans in conjunction with member, member’s family and managing physician
- Development of plan specific literature and education materials in conjunction with medical director and corporate oversight
About the Company:
A Fortune 500 company, is a diversified, multi-national healthcare enterprise that provides a portfolio of services to government sponsored healthcare programs, focusing on underinsured and uninsured individuals. Many receive benefits provided under Medicaid, including the State Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), as well as Aged, Blind or Disabled (ABD), Foster Care and Long Term Care (LTC), in addition to other state-sponsored/hybrid programs, and Medicare (Special Needs Plans).
The Company operates local health plans and offers a range of health insurance solutions. It also contracts with other healthcare and commercial organizations to provide specialty services including behavioral health management, care management software, correctional healthcare services, dental benefits management, in-home health services, life and health management, managed vision, pharmacy benefits management, specialty pharmacy and telehealth services.
The company offers more than just medical insurance. They pay most of your benefits costs and in some cases – they pay 100 percent. Most of the benefits not covered by the company are paid with pre-tax payroll deductions.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (includes health care, dependent care mass transit reimbursement)
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Basic Life insurance
- Supplemental AD&D
- Supplemental life insurance
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Vacation, Personal and Sick time
- Paid Company Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and Learning Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement/Educational Assistance
- Service Awards
- On-site fitness center or discount at local fitness centers (most locations)
- Discounts for select local and national products and services, including cell phones, computers and more
- Other amenities may be available, but vary by location
- Conduct screening and risk assessment interventions per program guidelines.
- Assist with non medical aspects of the member’s care, including referrals to community resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Nursing, Health, Behavioral Science or Equivalent Experience
- 2+ years of experience managing and integrating the social/community needs of members
- Experience in a managed care environment preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- RN (Registered Nurse), LCSW (Licensed Certified Social Worker), LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse), or LVN (Licensed Vocational Nurse) preferred