Location: Indiana-South Bend
Duration: Full Time
Job ID: 21380677
Contact: April Estes Call: 7204392609
Job Salary: Competitive
Job Posted: 04/28/21
Operational Manager of Surgery - 21380677
Surgery Experience Required
- Reports to the Director, Executive Director of Patient C are Services or Vice President of Nursing.
- Manages staff providing patient care services and the daily operations of the department.
- Contributes to the development/revision of policies, procedures, protocols and standards of care.
- Serves as the nursing leader for designated shift of the department and acts as a liaison with other departments.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Indiana and a minimum of three years job related experience including one year of leadership experience also required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Requires knowledge of nursing care practices, equipment, procedures and techniques utilized within the department.
- Requires working knowledge of department policies, procedures and practices.
- Demonstrates solid management skills needed to provide effective direction and manage the effective utilization of resources; also requires the ability to promote teamwork.
- Requires the interpersonal and communication skills necessary to build and maintain effective working relationships and interact in a highly effective manner with all levels of staff. Also requires the ability to disseminate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrates excellent planning and organization skills necessary for project planning and to coordinate the activities of diverse groups of individuals.
- Requires a strong customer service orientation.