Manager, Clinical Compliance and Education (RN) - R0069336 (22079218)
About the Company:
Our client is changing health care for the better by improving access to affordable, high quality care, and working together to improve the patient experience. That takes passion, commitment, intense focus and the ability to contribute effectively in a highly collaborative team environment.
They built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how they use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, their first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. They have brought together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
Responsible for overseeing and managing the process that provides training and education to HCP Care Management staff and collaborates with Care Management Leadership in the development and provision of regulatory compliance based care management training programs. The collaborative effort includes but is not limited to participation in the development of case management and utilization management core curriculum and strategies for ongoing competency review and documentation to ensure that all nursing staff meet the needs of HCP.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate HealthCare Partners’ (HCP) commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Develops policy to insure regulatory compliance and clinical operations, educational programs for all staff positions within the Care Management Department including development of curriculums and training modules, program goals and objectives, competency levels, schedules and testing program
- Assures that program development processes and materials comply with accreditation standards for continuing education
- Develops systems and methods for evaluation of educational programs. Develops monthly, quarterly, and annual trainings
- Collaborates with the Care Management Department managers and staff to ensure high quality education resources
- Administers testing program consistent with required schedules and in conjunction with the managers and supervisors of each area. Documents competency levels and training completion for each employee in the employee’s personnel file and communicates with the employee’s supervisor regarding training status and outcomes
- Participates in the documentation effort of department workflow processes to ensure clarity and appropriate training with respect to specific tasks and job requirements
- Manages the Clinical Services Training team
- Works closely and interacts with Director and Management teams
- Makes recommendations for clinical staff orientation requirements.
- Identifies all skills and procedures that require certification in collaboration with Care Management Department Leadership.
- Identifies necessary resources and project manages the development and plans for “Train-the-Trainer” and mentoring programs for Care Management staff.
- Analyzes the relationship between cost, benefit and return on investment for educational programs.
- Participates in educational programs to enhance care management (utilization management and case management) compliance knowledge.
- Uses, protects, and discloses HCP patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree of Nursing from a four-year college and/or a professional certification requiring formal education beyond a two-year college
- Experience developing training programs that include conceptual applications as well as ‘hands-on’ approaches for both theoretical and tangible situations
- RN with current CA license
- 3 or more years of case management, utilization management, disease management, discharge planning, compliance and clinical education
- 3 or more years of Management experience
- Managed Care work experience
- Experience training or educating clinical and non-clinical staff in a variety of venues and settings
- Demonstrates experience training single individual or large groups
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Prior experience managing continuing education programs
- BSN license
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to create and support a team environment.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking and follow-up skills.
- Ability to transfer knowledge to customers with diverse cultural backgrounds, educational experience and learning styles.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.