Nurse Manager - Medical/Surgical, Pediatrics, and Observation Unit - R306992 (22115581)
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
Under the general direction of the Chief Nursing Office, the Nurse Manager coordinates available resources to efficiently and effectively provide professional patient care and services to a quality consistent with nursing and SJHS-HC standards and at a cost compatible with the fiscal and other resources of SJHS-HC. Assumes 24 hours responsibility for the management of patient care and services in the assigned areas and delegates authority, as appropriate. Must have a professional commitment to growth, be creative and innovative, and demonstrate competency in interpersonal communication, leadership ability, and problem-solving skills.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to ensure patient confidence and comfort.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees, physicians, or organizations.
- Reads and comprehends written instructions, able to interpret medical orders, correspondence, memorandums, and medical records.
- Applies deductive and common sense reasoning ability to problem solve on a frequent basis.
- Capable of gathering data and making sound, mature decisions; ability to assess internal and external environment and make appropriate managerial changes based on those assessments.
- Ability to coordinate, organize and manage multiple projects.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Ability to think and act independently with minimal supervision.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school or program. [link removed]
- Three (3) years previous clinical experience as staff nurse in comparable acute care unit and facility and three (3) years previous health care managerial experience.
- State of California Registered Nurse required.
- Current CPR certification required.