Nurse Manager - Labor and Delivery - 240144 (22115730)
The manager is accountable for the overall management and leadership of a unit or a group of patient care units within Nursing Services. The manager is responsible for all clinical and operational activities of the units in accordance with Swedish Medical Center's mission, vision, and values.
- Accountable for ensuring the provision of high quality patient care 24 hours a day. Accountable for assigned clinical operations, patient care activities, coordinating patient care delivery on a daily basis in collaboration with other members of the health care team. Ensures that patient care is delivered in accordance with professional, regulatory, and medical center standards.
- Establishes and enforces standards of patient care and nursing practice pertaining to areas of responsibility. Is accountable for developing, implementing, and monitoring unit-based quality improvement programs. Responsible for developing, implementing and achieving unit-based goals for the delivery of quality patient care.
- Assures compliance with department standards by assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the delivery of patient care by reinforcing positive outcomes and initiating timely corrective action for identified problems.
- Accountable for appropriate patient care based on assignments of appropriate patient assignments, evaluation of patient care and patient/family satisfaction by conducting rounds and intervening accordingly.
- Assumes the role of patient advocate to clarify and evaluate ethical and/or legal issues, and supports cultural practices.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited school of nursing.
- Minimum of 3 years recent experience in related clinical area of nursing.
- Current License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington.
- Current BLS Certification.
- Masters degree in nursing
- Nurse management experience