Assistant Nurse Manager - Telemetry - 801069 (22128650)
Recognized as one of America's leading health care providers and not-for-profit health plans. Founded in 1945, their mission is to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of their members and the communities they serve. Currently serving 11.8 million members in eight states and the District of Columbia. Care for members and patients is focused on their total health and guided by their personal physicians, specialists and team of caregivers. Their expert and caring medical teams are empowered and supported by industry-leading technology advances and tools for health promotion, disease prevention, state-of-the art care delivery and world-class chronic disease management.
Manages activities of the unit(s), monitors quality, service and utilization standards. Supervises the day to day shift activities.
- Manages the units day to day clinical operations including practice standards, staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement. Ensures the highest quality of care is provided and is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and established departmental policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements action plans to improve staff development. Supervises a single unit (8 to 24 hours) of approximately 20 - 60+ employees.
- Monitors the allocation and utilization of personnel based on continual changes in patient population/needs and provides the best level of patient care while identifying savings opportunities.
- Supervises the daily unit operations, including human resources management, department and employee safety programs, and risk management.
- Monitors the quality of service and utilization standards and assumes specific responsibility for patient care at the unit level. Ensures coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused care and cost effective utilization of services.
- Works with health care providers outside of the unit, to achieve optimal patient care across the continuum. Researches, identifies, and implements best practice models of other units. Investigates and resolves patient/family member concerns regarding patient care.
- Compensation reviews of positions are conducted on a routine basis. At any time, they reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
As an employee, you are eligible for benefits according to your full-time/part-time status and the number of hours scheduled to work per week. Benefits may vary based on your region, position, scheduled hours, and representation by collective bargaining or employee groups, but generally include:
- generous vacation, holiday, and sick leave
- medical care (including prescriptions), vision, mental health, & dental care
- disability and life insurance coverage
- educational opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- employee assistance programs
- health care, dependent care, and transit spending account options
- retirement plans
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Current California RN license required.
- Current BLS certification required.
- PALS certification may be required for positions in specific departments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality improvement, clinical care delivery processes, staffing, and budgeting.
- Knowledge of Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission and other federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a labor/management partnership environment.
- ALCS Certification