Nursing Supervisor - Pediatric - 1886461 (22132292)
About the Company:
Company is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our seven hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
Collaboration across Company enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology.
At Company, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Company’s commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives.
To manage clinically and administratively the operations of the nursing department during an assigned shift in lieu of the nursing directors. This includes patient placement and the deployment of nursing resources based on census and acuity. The nursing supervisor also manages emergencies and interprets hospital policies to facilitate patient care. The nursing supervisors use chain of command including the administrator on-call for any consultation or as determined by policies.
- Practices and promotes leadership principles.
- Comprehensive background in nursing and knowledge of current healthcare issues and trends.
- Ability to prioritize multiple activities in diverse areas.
- Contributes to the personal and professional growth and development of others.
- Demonstrates knowledge of team dynamics and ability to use intervention strategies to promote good team process.
- Demonstrates knowledge and sensitivity to diversity issues and respect for individual differences.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively listen and communicate verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrates ability to function as a change agent.
- Demonstrates customer orientation.
- Participates in continuous performance improvement activities.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to allocate resources based on physical, psychological, developmental, social, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in their service area.
- Supervisory Responsibility: Supervision and allocation of all personnel in the absence of Department Directors, including but not limited to: RNs, LPNs, CNAs, Unit Secretaries, and Technicians.
- BSN preferred
- 3 to 5 years of demonstrated leadership ability & pediatric experience preferred
- Current Professional Nursing Licensure in Pennsylvania.