Director of Care Management - R307362 (22164388)
About the Company:
Our Client has the goal of improving the health of the communities it serves, especially those who are poor and vulnerable. They provide a full range of care facilities including 16 acute care hospitals, home health agencies, hospice care, outpatient services, skilled nursing facilities, community clinics and physician groups. They maintain a “continuum of care,” matched to the diverse needs of the urban centers, smaller cities and rural communities who depend on them every day. They serve 10 distinct communities within three general regions and strive to provide perfect care while building the healthiest communities and ensuring every encounter is sacred. These extraordinary efforts have been recognized locally and nationally, including distinctions in US News & World Report and Magnet recognition.
The Director is responsible for the strategic planning, development, administration and operations of Care Management and Social Services for the hospital along with the Transitions of Care for patients. The Director has oversight for all aspects of daily operations to enable long-term and short-term goals to be achieved in a manner that is consistent with the mission values and strategic goals of the local ministries as well as across the region. This position is responsible for maintaining integration between the departments within the hospital as well as across the continuum. The Director is accountable for achieving established performance targets through actively engaging multiple disciplines and professional staff with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Dynamic leader, able to navigate a complex environment, with excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong project management with operations experience.
- Ability to effectively interact and establish immediate credibility with all levels of management, physicians, caregivers, patients and community leaders.
- Effective influencing, negotiation, relationship building and communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, due to change priorities.
- Effective caregiver management skills.
- Ability to lead through influence and persuasion.
- Possess strong leadership, critical thinking and motivational skills/abilities. Ability to build consensus across organizational lines.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing conditions which managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently, self-directed activities.
- Ability to work effectively and establish and promote positive relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 6 – 8 years of clinical operational leadership experience that provided the opportunity to manage a variety of patient care services in a complex healthcare environment
- 5 or more years Director/Manager level experience in Case Management Prefer experience in a variety of healthcare settings, from acute care inpatient facilities to Outpatient clinics.
- Case Management, Clinical and Management required.
- CCM certification preferred.
- Current California RN License by evidence of Primary Source Verification