RN Program Service Director - Hospice/Palliative Care - 869001 (22396301)
To plan and oversee clinical service delivery and to assure the provision of high quality Hospice and Palliative Care which meets all regulatory, accreditation, licensure and certification requirements, and the goals and missions of the organization.
- Provides effective leadership in directing all areas of business performance for the Hospice and Palliative Care Program. These include cost management, revenue and referral generation, cash flow management, and compliance with Medicare billing regulations and organizational policies. Assures policies and procedures, work flows, organization of clinical and clerical support services, are adequate to achieve business performance objectives.
- Performs ongoing planning and evaluation of clinical service delivery and business performance for the Hospice and Palliative Care Programs. Conducts program planning and performance evaluation in partnership with the Agency Administrator/Director of Continuing Care Services, the Hospice and Palliative Care Medical Director and the Hospice and Palliative Care Leadership Team, organizational stakeholders and labor partners.
- Leads and directs the Hospice and Palliative Care Quality, Compliance and Utilization Management program assuring quality patient outcomes, service satisfaction, regulatory compliance and program reputation. Provides oversight of quality and utilization for contracted services. Assures the delivery of clinical services that are well-coordinated and continuous across care settings.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with physicians, labor representatives and the department management team that generate superior clinical and business performance.
- Assures the recruitment, retention, ongoing skill and leadership development of well-qualified clinical and support staff and clinical managers. Participates in night call duties on a rotating basis.
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive supervisory/management experience.
- Bachelor's of Nursing (BSN)
- Current Oregon and Washington RN license required. License in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer, application for license in secondary state required within two (2) weeks of hire/transfer and must be obtained within six (6) months.
- Valid driver's license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required upon hire/transfer.
- Ability to operate a variety of computer systems including, electronic medical record systems, word processing, spreadsheets and data base programs.
- Thorough knowledge of quality improvement and its application in the health care setting.
- Minimum one (1) year of managerial experience within a managed care organization.
- Minimum one (1) year of nursing experience in a Hospice or Palliative Care setting.
- Management experience with labor union represented staff.
- Master's degree in business or health care administration with a bachelor's degree in nursing.
- Thorough knowledge of the managed care industry.
- Demonstrated customer-focused service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation, delegation, time management and problem solving skills.
- Competency in program planning and development, financial analysis, budget preparation and project management.
- Thorough clinical and administrative knowledge of Hospice and Palliative Care services.
- Thorough knowledge of adult learning/motivation theory, change theory/management, team development, conflict resolution and negotiation.