RN - Critical Care Float Pool - Nights - 20-10925 (22459772)
Nationwide Relocation Available
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan.
**Float Pool premium available on top of base pay
- Assess, identify appropriate nursing diagnoses, plans, implements and evaluate patients’ care. Develop, update and coordinate the patient’s plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcome and transition across the care continuum. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate. Perform and maintain currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitates formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community.
- Accountable for safety, identify and correct problems, and integrate evidence, and best practice into nursing care; uses data and evidence to improve patient outcomes. Align patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes.
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire.
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (ACLS)
- National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS)
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing upon hire.