RN Dialysis Charge Nurse - 22496891
RN Charge Nurse - in-center dialysis
Registered Nurse or RN to be a Charge RN for our dialysis facility. The Charge Nurse is proficient in providing hemodialysis therapies to patients with chronic renal failure and is responsible for supervising staff performing daily patient care. The Registered Nurse or RN must possess the physical capabilities to successfully perform the job as stated in the physical requirements. Adherence to all policies and procedures is required.
• Registered Nurse is responsible for overseeing dialysis nursing services and functions as nursing supervisor
• May give direct patient care to the extent of performing efficient, safe dialysis, but does not assume primary nursing functions as performed by center staff, if allowed by state regulations.
• Responds to all emergencies in clinic; be familiar with all emergency equipment and all emergency operational procedures.
• Complete pre and post treatment physical assessments.
• Demonstrates effective staffing, as appropriate with staffing ratios per state regulations, under the direction of the Administrator.
• Transcribe and implement physician's orders; assist physician during patient rounds.
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements include:
- Current RN license in applicable state. License must be maintained as current and in good standing.
- 12 months experience in providing nursing care, including 3 months of experience in providing nursing care to patients on maintenance dialysis.
- CPR certification required within 90 days of hire.
- Confirmation of ability to distinguish all primary colors.
- Must meet any practice requirement(s) for the applicable state.