Clinical Supervisor, Inpatient Surgery Support - Evening Shift - 20-10181 (22509423)
The Clinical Supervisor is accountable for assisting the Manager in the management of clinical and operational activities, and able to provide patient care. Participates with the Manager and peers in establishing and enforcing standards of patient care and nursing practice pertaining to the unit in accordance with Mission, Vision and Values.
- Accountable for assigned clinical operations, coordinating patient care activities on a daily basis in collaboration with other members of the health care team.
- Conducts rounds on all patients on the nursing unit and identifies any real or potential patient care issues and intervenes accordingly. Investigates patient and family complaints and facilitates service recovery.
- In collaboration with the Manager, plans and implements department staffing and scheduling to provide adequate staffing levels and skill mix.
- Serves as a mentor and role model to charge RN’s and others in the management and organization of patient care activities.
- Participates in the identification, planning, and implementation of implementation of educational programs for all levels of staff and ensures active participation of staff in educational activities and research.
- Bachelors degree of nursing from an accredited school. Applicants without a BSN degree must actively pursue and attain a BSN within five years of hire. Continued employment by beyond five years is contingent upon attaining the BSN degree.
- Registered Nurses employed by Client prior to December 1, 2012 are encouraged to pursue the BSN degree, but obtaining the degree will not be a condition of employment.
- Minimum 2 years of recent experience in a related clinical area of nursing with demonstrated clinical knowledge and leadership qualities.
- Current License to practice as Registered Nurse in the State of Washington.
- Current BLS Certification.
- Experience as a Charge Nurse.