Nurse Manager - NICU, Level IV - Days - 20-11186 (22521597)
The manager is accountable for the overall management and leadership of a unit or a group of patient care units within Nursing Services. The manager is responsible for all clinical and operational activities of the units in accordance with Swedish Medical Center's mission, vision, and values.
- Be accountable for ensuring the provision of patient care 24 hours a day. Accountable for assigned clinical operations, patient care activities, coordinating patient care delivery on a daily basis in collaboration with other members of the health care team. Ensure that patient care is delivered in accordance with professional, regulatory, and medical center standards.
- Establish and enforce standards of patient care and nursing practice pertaining to areas of responsibility. Is accountable for developing, implementing, and monitoring unit-based quality improvement programs. Responsible for developing and implementing unit-based goals for the delivery of quality patient care.
- Assure compliance with department standards by assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the delivery of patient care by reinforcing positive outcomes and demonstrating corrective action for identified problems.
- Be accountable for appropriate patient care based on assignments of appropriate patient assignments, evaluation of patient care and patient/family satisfaction by conducting rounds and intervening accordingly.
- Assume the role of patient advocate to clarify and evaluate ethical and/or legal issues, and supports cultural practices.
- Assume accountability for staff retention by tracking staff turnover rate of all categories of personnel and actively taking steps to ensure the reduction of turnover among her/his staff.
- Demonstrate clinical competence by assisting with patient care in order to maintain clinical skills. Spend time on all shifts to assess care and to coach, develop, evaluate and advocate for staff.
- Collaborate with the clinical nurse specialist and/or clinical educator to identify, plan, and implement an educational program pertinent to the service and for all level of staff.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited school of nursing
- 3 years recent experience in related clinical area of nursing
- Must meet criteria of Registered Nurse
- Current License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required at time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN).
- Master's degree in nursing or related field
- Minimum of one year first line management experience