RN Neuro Team Lead - Surgery - 20-10961 (22534173)
Utilizes the nursing process to role model excellent provision of patient care while maintaining the standards and recommended practices for preoperative nursing. Serves as a liaison to Physicians and Anesthesia. Evaluates clinical practice/care delivery/documentation systems on an ongoing basis and makes appropriate recommendations for system improvement. Reports to Director.
To ensure safe, compassionate, innovative patient centered care, promote and engage in the advancement of evidenced-based nursing practice, create a culture of collaboration, professionalism and a healthy work environment.
To enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of the communities we serve as the community’s provider of outstanding quality, superior value and comprehensive health care services.
Our vision is to achieve:
- Innovative health care and well-being services of the highest quality at the greatest value
- Easy access and convenience
- Outstanding patient experiences
- Ongoing education involving physicians, patients and the community
Various hours of work due to need of specific unit.
Must report to work location within 30 minutes when On Call.
Requires the physical ability and stamina ([link removed], push carts/wheelchairs up to 50 pounds, to position/lift patients at a maximum of 35 pounds unassisted, over 35 pounds requires assistance, provide CPR, etc.) to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Professional Training RN license in State of Indiana is required.
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years of job-related experience is required.
- Experience of 3-5 years Surgical RN is preferred.
- Basic EKG course and exam, conscious sedation skills validation.
- After January 1, 2014, candidates are required to have or obtain a BSN within three years of employment as a Registered Nurse. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS/CPR) within 3 months of hire.
- Must maintain current CPR certification.
- Must obtain ACLS within one year of hire.
- Requires resourcefulness in emergency situations.