Registered Nurse-IMCU-FT-Nights/Sign-on (with 2+ years exp) & Relocation Bonus - R215 (22573075)
Bay Area Hospital, Coos Bay OR
If you are looking for a family-oriented community filled with outdoor activities with sand dunes and beaches, Bay Area Hospital is waiting for you!
Bay Area Hospital is a 129-bed, acute-care, JC accredited regional hospital located on the beautiful southern Oregon coast. Coos Bay offers an extraordinary quality of life, attracting many future residents and businesses to the area with an abundance of outdoor recreational activities, a world-class golf resort, educational opportunities, and state of the art medical facilities. With the ocean just a few miles away, the Bay, and abundant coastal rivers and forests, you can enjoy great fishing and other great water activities.
Contact Sandra Zelmanski for further information.
(click on the I'm Interested button to request more info about the job)
Full-Time Position (72 Hours Per Pay Period)
Wages Based Upon Experience
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to read, write legibly, and converse effectively in the English language.
- Exhibits critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Flexible, able to prioritize and adapt to rapidly-changing patient and unit needs.
- Demonstrates effective teaching skills.
- Responds effectively to patient crisis/emergency situations
- Proficient in use of computer, including accessing internet, word processing, and documenting in an electronic medical record system.
- Maintains regular, consistent and punctual attendance at the assigned job location
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Oregon
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) or must be obtained by the last day of the month after the 60-day grace period
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support card or must be obtained by the last day of the month after the 6 month grace period
- Recent (within past 5 years) acute care hospital experience preferred
- Acute care hospital experience in past two years or intermediate/progressive care experience preferred
Union Affiliation: ONA
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and job skills required.
- Able to sit, stand, walk, bend, squat, reach, and stretch frequently
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must use standard precautions due to threat of exposure to blood and body fluids
- Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone
- Requires frequent use of personal computer
- Must demonstrate manual dexterity