Registered Nurse (RN) - PACU - 22684892
PACU RN - Registered Nurse - Join this phenomenal organization with so much room for career growth!
Nights (rotating weekends) 6P – 6:30A OR 10P – 6:30A Flexible with 8,10 or 12hr shifts - Call Rotation
Days (May be available)
Salary Range: $31.57/hr - $42.37 (10yrs) - $53.46 (20yrs) - based on yrs. of experience),
Night Shift Differential: $3.75/hr. Weekend Differential: $4.30/hr.
On call: $3.00hr
$10,000 Sign-On Bonus and $3,000 for relocation
The PACU RN In collaboration with other members of the perioperative team, the Recovery Room RN develops, coordinates, and implements a plan of care based on patient assessment, knowledge of surgical procedures, anesthesia plan, physician orders, application of relevant policies/procedures and AORN/ASPAN guidelines.
- Perform a comprehensive nursing assessment of the post-op patient and closely monitor vital signs and levels of consciousness as the patient recovers from the effects of anesthesia
- Proactively observe and act accordingly to treat pain, nausea, and other patient post-op symptoms and any side effects of anesthesia
- Administer medications as ordered by the physician and assess the surgical site for bleeding / change bandages.
- Incorporate teaching into all aspects of nursing practice
Using advanced technology and leading-edge techniques, we perform procedures in a wide range of surgical specialties, including Brain, Burn, Cardiovascular, General, Gynecological, Neurology, Ortho, Plastics, Robotics, Spine, Trauma, and Urology. As a Level 1 Trauma Center, our Surgery Department has 26 operating rooms and is staffed 24/7.
The Recovery Room PACU RN develops, coordinates, and implements a plan of care based on patient assessment, knowledge of surgical procedures, anesthesia plan, physician orders, application of relevant policies/procedures and AORN/ASPAN guidelines
- Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted
- Current BLS/ACLS/PALS issued by the American Heart Association required
Minimum of 1 year experience as a RN in a high acuity PACU or 1 years ICU/Critical Care experience in an ACUTE CARE SETTING.
- 900 Cases monthly
- 27 bed unit
- MUST live with 25-30 mins of facility for call
- Cases - Ortho, Neuro, Spine, Robotics, General, Robotics, CVOR, Burn, Endovascular, Gyn, Plastics (No Transplant)
- MUST be willing to care for COVID patients
Please respond to this job posting with your resume for more information and to apply:
In the subject line write: Your Name | PACU RN | Texas
ALL MED SEARCH PLACES RN'S INTO FULL TIME, PERMANENT POSITIONS AT FACILTIES NATIONWIDE. TELL US WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SO THAT WE CAN HELP YOU FIND THE JOB THAT'S RIGHT FOR YOU.