RN Senior Manager, Preoperative, Endoscopy, and Infusion Services - 278045 (22709091)
Permanent, Direct-Hire Position
Local Candidates Preferred
C2C and/or Sponsorship Not Available
Provides clinical oversight and administrative responsibility of Surgical Home, Admissions, Extended Stay Unit (ESU), Endoscopy and Infusion units. Leads execution of the business strategy and participates in the business development, while ensuring that the perspective of clinical quality and patient safety is the driving force behind decisions and actions. Sets practice standards based on AAMI standards and monitors compliance for all sterile supplies and processes within the organization. Prepares and monitors the operating and capital budgets annually. Recruits and retains personnel and oversees the professional development of staff. Works collaboratively with the Clinical & Medical Directors to provide excellent patient care and customer service.
- Manages human resources:
- Completes employee performance evaluations according to PRMCE policy.
- Consistently manages and documents employee performance issues; uses progressive discipline appropriately.
- Conducts or oversees the hiring and orientation of employees utilizing approved interview processes.
- Ensures compliance of employment laws, contractual agreements and employment policies and procedures.
- Develops and documents department specific competency based training and meetings.
- Manages departmental budgets:
- Department productivity is consistently at or below budget; provides appropriate documentation for variances.
- Department expenses are at or below budget; variances are identified and documented.
- Participates in collecting information and in development of budgets
- Manages patient satisfaction:
- Assesses department’s patient satisfaction.
- Collaborates with staff to develop patient satisfaction improvement plans based on patient and family centered care.
- Assures that Joint Commission, state, federal and other regulatory standards, laws or rules are followed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse status required. State of Washington.
- Five (5) years Preoperative Care experience, including 3 years of progressive management experience.
- Master's Degree in Nursing or Business Administration
- Certification as a Perioperative Nurse specialty