RN Care Manager - 22735079
Are you an RN who loves providing holistic, patient-centered care? Have you ever wished you could give your patients the time and attention they need and deserve? Come join our team!
Family First Senior Care, a VillagePlan company, provides comprehensive support to adults and their families. We empower people to achieve their best life, and as a private pay company, Medicare and insurance don’t come between us and our clients. Our geriatric care managers help clients and families navigate the health care maze, acting as advocates and trusted guides in partnership with health care teams, elder law attorneys, trust managers, and more.
You’ve worked hard to develop strong assessment skills and expertise, and you have a compassionate heart and a desire to make a difference. Be appreciated. Be impactful. Be a Family First Senior Care Geriatric Care Manager.
The Care Manager works autonomously, using discretion and independent judgment to provide clients, families, or vulnerable populations with the medical and psychosocial support needed to cope with chronic, acute, or terminal illnesses. Includes administering client assessments, care planning, advising families caregivers, providing patient education and counseling, and making necessary referrals for other social services.
Principal duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following;
- Complete a thorough assessment of each client and develop a care plan tailored to the client’s needs
- Advocate for clients or patients to resolve crises.
- Collaborate with other professionals to evaluate patients’ medical or physical conditions and to assess client needs.
- Refer patient, client, or family to community resources to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness and to provide access to services such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, job placement, or education.
- Collaborate with the care team to assist in planning discharge and admission to the appropriate living environment, including assisted living, adult family home, home with in-home care, or nursing home.
- Modify treatment plans to comply with changes in clients’ status.
- Monitor, evaluate, and record client progress according to measurable goals described in the treatment and care plan.
- Identify environmental impediments to client or patient progress through interviews and review of patient records.
- Accurately document, chart, and record clients' billing information, billable hours, and client notes.
- Successfully complete all billable expectations and billing requirements.
- Participate in legal proceedings (depositions, court appearances) as needed.
- Act as the Professional on-call in rotation with other Care Managers as assigned.
- Refer Family First Senior Care services to individuals in need of assistance.
- In-person visits to clients at private residences, hospitals, facilities, or offices. Territory includes Spokane County.
- Associates in Nursing
- 2 years of recent nursing experience in home health, hospice, LTC, or ambulatory care preferred
- Current CPR
- Current driver’s license and auto insurance and the ability to drive to and from appointments.
- Bachelors of Science and/or Master’s degree in Nursing
- BC, CCM, CMC, CHPRN, or other advanced certification
- Certification in geriatrics.
- Certified Social Worker or Counselor.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial business environment.
Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm, with some flexibility
On-Call rotation, 1 week every 5 weeks
** This is not a remote position and requires that the Care Manager travels in and around the Spokane County, WA area. This is field and office-based work. **
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $96,000.00 per year