Registered Nurse CID - 023459 (22793302)
Join our team at Kingman Correctional and Rehabilitation Facility!
This position performs a variety of professional duties involved in the prevention and control of infectious disease. It plans, develops, implements and evaluates infection control activities throughout the facility including coordinating programs so they meet the contract and accreditation process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies appropriate nursing skills in the care and treatment of inmates with infectious disease.
- Monitors patients with infectious disease.
- Executes physician orders.
- Assists the Physician in exams and treatment.
- Documents and reports infectious diseases in monthly and quarterly reporting to the Health Administrator.
- Develops reporting to the Public Health Department
- Collaborates with Multidisciplinary Healthcare team members.
- Maintains compliance with industry and company policies for accreditation.
- Documents all detainee or inmate contacts. Maintains confidentiality of medical records
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a current, unrestricted license to practice as registered nurse in the state the facility is located. Maintains a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience as a registered nurse preferred.
- Must possess competence in the performance of the following: Annual physical assessments; annual TB evaluation and monitoring; TB prophylaxis and monitoring; HIV care and monitoring; Hepatitis A, B and C, evaluation and treatment monitoring; evaluation and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases.
- Knowledge of data collection techniques for reporting practices.
- Proficient in oral and written communication
- Ability to develop and present educational teaching.
- Must have the ability to work without direct, immediate supervision in performing nursing diagnosis, and be able provide appropriate follow through treatment.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer