Registered Nurse - 22920341
Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU) – Richmond, VA
Up to $42.82
About the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU):
- 12 bed unit.
- Provides a high acuity level of care to a wide variety of cardiac and medical patients at a 2: 1 patient to nurse ratio.
- The patient population includes diagnosis such as unstable angina and myocardial infarctions, arrhythmias, acute renal failure, acute respiratory failure, arrhythmias, cardiogenic shock, pneumonia, and sepsis.
- CICU also cares for patients who have undergone cardiothoracic surgery including cardiac bypass, complex valve replacement/repair, and TAVR. CICU consists of patients who require invasive hemodynamic monitoring, mechanical ventilation, EKOS (PE and extremities) continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT), ECMO, IMPELLA, intra-aortic Balloon Pump, and induced hypothermia.
Job Responsibilities of the CICU RN:
- Performs and documents total physical assessment for patients within unit Scope of Care.
- Analyzes pertinent data, communicates findings and documents information.
- Utilizes equipment and performs special procedures competently as related to unit Scope of Care.
- Organizes and prioritizes nursing care for a unit specific patient assignment.
- Administers all medications utilizing the 5 rights to medication administration.
- Initiates and documents patient teaching and discharge planning including family and/or significant other in collaboration with multidisciplinary team members.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge pertinent to nursing practice in Critical Care.
- Communicates effectively with peers, supervisors, ancillary department and other customers.
Compensation and Benefits for the CICU RN:
- Salary: $28.55-$42.82, depends on experience.
- Sign on bonus up to $10k, relo up to $2500.
- Shifts are three 12 hours per week, shift diff of $5 for weekend days, $6 for week nights, and $7 for weekend nights.
- Matching 401(k) contributions ranging from 3-9%.
- PTO starting at 4 weeks per year.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5, 250 per year.
- Low cost medical, dental, life, and vision options, LTD, STD, Flexible spending.
Qualifications and Education for the CICU RN:
- Required - Current Virginia license or license pending results of State Board.
- Preferred - One year experience in area of clinical expertise of which applying.
- Preferred - BSN degree or currently enrolled in BSN Program.
- ICU experience preferred, strong background in telemetry will be considered also.