Health Services Administrator - 026113 (22983109)
South Bay Correctional and Rehabilitation Facility
We are seeking an experienced Healthcare Administrator to join a dynamic Facility Management team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world leading organization that provides diversified services to government agencies around the globe. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a network of career opportunities.
This position manages and evaluates all facility health service activities based on company, contractual, and healthcare policies and procedures, goals, and objectives. Implements all contractually required healthcare services. Manages department budget and seeks to improve the operational efficiencies of the facility’s health service program. In addition, this position functions as a liaison between facility staff, contracting agency, and compliance agencies on healthcare-related matters.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the overall operations of a facility’s healthcare operations.
- Works in unison with facility, regional, and corporate management to ensure the healthcare needs of the facility are consistently being met and are in compliance with company’s contractual and healthcare policies and procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Maintains effective working relationships with correctional and nursing staff, contracted providers, and outside provider agencies.
- . Utilizes established policies and procedures in making decisions, but also uses sound independent judgment performing the duties of the position.
- Directs the work of other employees and contract providers. This includes the selection, hiring, evaluating performance, employee training, promoting, and disciplinary action including termination.
- Ensures adequate staffing to meet the healthcare needs of the detainees/inmates.
- Ensures appropriate licensure of all healthcare personnel.
- Monitors and takes appropriate action as needed on operational issues including overtime, issuing appropriate forms, auditing medical files, requesting records, ensuring detainees or inmates with serious health problems receive necessary intervention and treatment, ensuring compliance with all applicable pharmacy laws and physical safety requirements.
- Ensures proper accreditation of the medical program is attained for NCCHC, ACA and/or TJC as required by the client..
- Completes and submits regular operational reports to include Client reports as required.
- Responds to all inquiries and requests for information related to the health services unit.
- Identifies and tracks budgetary expenses of the health services unit.
- Evaluates and recommends methods of improving operational efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Participates in obtaining outside vendors for ancillary healthcare services.
- Maintains and fosters effective external relationships with outside hospitals or agencies.
- Attends outside educational seminars as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Five (5) years of work experience in healthcare administration or healthcare management in a supervisory capacity, including experience managing clinical staff and clinical operations.
- Strong verbal and writing skills. Must be able to disseminate verbal instructions or training clearly and in a manner that is understood by the intended audience. Must be able to write memorandums and reports in a clear, concise, and accurate manner.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software.
- Experience in healthcare planning, budgeting, and meeting contractual obligations..
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration or a Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Nursing.
- Work experience in a correctional or detention setting in an administrative or supervisory capacity.
- Experience working in an outpatient setting
Equal Opportunity Employer