Full time Emergency Room RN's - 22983346
We are seeking an Emergency Room Registered Nurse to join our team and work for the VA! RN shall provide and administer delineated medical services to all Active Duty beneficiaries within the capabilities normally granted to a Registered Nurse in an outpatient clinical setting.
- Ideal Candidate would have open availability to work all shifts - Facility is open 24hrs a day 365 days per year
- Days, Nights, and weekends
- 8, 10, and 12 hour shifts, rotational
Compensation and benefits
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K w/match% - * provided by Sterling Medical with employee enrollment*
- 56 hours Sick time
- 2 weeks of PTO Vacation
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Competitive Bi-Weekly pay - based on 40 hr. work weeks
Duties and tasks
SPECIFIC TASKS. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Utilizes the nursing process and an interdisciplinary approach to provide direct, continuous, and comprehensive patient care.
2. Provide delivery of direct patient care.
3. Conduct bedside rounds with off-going nurse on assigned patients.
4. Check off IV’s (site, rate, solution), dressing drainage tubes, respiratory devices (ventilators, etc.), and special communications including patients’ service and physician.
5. Administer medications and observing for therapeutic effects.
6. Administration of IV solutions as required.
7. Transfuse blood and blood products.
8. Initiate venipuncture for lab work or IV therapy as appropriate.
9. Obtain blood specimens from arterial lines.
10. Verify and report lab results to physician.
11. Maintain arterial and thermo dilution catheter lines as necessary.
12. Record and interpret PA pressure readings.
13. Perform cardiac outputs as ordered. Call physicians to report all abnormal readings.
14. Interpret EKG readings on the Med/Surg and ICUs.
15. Notify physician of cardiac arrhythmias and initiate emergency interventions as indicated.
16. Insert nasogastric tubes if necessary.
17. Maintain special therapeutic devices (traction, drains, etc.)
18. Assist physician with special procedures and research activities.
19. Admit/transfer patients to and from the ICU as appropriate.
20. Complete additional assignments as requested by the Nurse Manager/Charge Nurse.
21. Transcribe and/or verify physician orders.
22. Accept verbal or telephone orders in EMERGENCIES ONLY.
23. Narcotics count – assure narcotics and keys are accounted for before leaving.
24. Maintains a neat and clean personal appearance with professional decorum
- 1 Year direct patient care experience in the last 3 years in emergency medicine
- Any state license
- Need ACLS and BLS