Professional Registered Nurse - PACU - REF3043X (23025438)
**POSITION IS 0.6 FTE (24 HRS/WEEK)**
It takes a lot of very smart, hard-working, and talented people to provide the level of care that we give to our patients. Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected academic medical center, and we pride ourselves not only on the sophistication of the care we deliver, but the compassionate way in which we provide it. And that starts with our employees.
Tufts Medical Center is an Academic Medical Center and Level 1 Trauma Center providing complex surgical care to patients throughout the lifespan.
The Professional Registered Nurse possesses and applies the skills and knowledge necessary for the delivery and management of patient care from admission through discharge. The professional registered nurse is knowledgeable of current trends in healthcare including but not limited to advances in technology, pharmacology, treatment care modalities, quality and patient safety. The professional registered nurse serves as a patient and family advocate while facilitating a cooperative and collaborative environment among all health care providers. The professional registered nurse is responsible for the planning, delivery and management of patient/family centered care utilizing the nursing process and adhering to the standards of nursing practice embedded in research, evidence-based practice and/or best practices. The professional registered nurse at Tufts Medical Center provides clinical excellence, which fosters and supports an environment central to our patient and family centered model of care.
The Professional Registered Nurse in the PACU will orient to 4 areas: 2 PreOp and 2 PACU. Tufts provides perioperative and postoperative care for patients that undergo surgery as well as off-site procedural areas.
We have 23 operating rooms, supporting more than 14,000 adult and pediatric surgical cases annually.
Tufts Medical Center offers surgical services in the following areas:
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Ear, Nose & Throat Surgery
- General Surgery
- Ophthalmologic Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery-Robotic Assisted Arthroplasty
- Plastic Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Transplant Surgery
- Trauma Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- The Professional Registered Nurse in the PACU works in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team to provide patient centered post anesthesia care to both pediatric and adult patients undergoing a variety of elective, urgent and emergent surgical procedures.
- The Professional Registered Nurse in the PACU ensures the delivery of high quality, safe, efficient patient care while utilizing cutting edge technology.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse license required.
- BLS certification required.