DIRECTOR OF NURSING (2 OPPORTUNITIES) - 23067517
DIRECTOR OF NURSING
Two facilities located in Birmingham, AL are looking for servant-leaders to function as it next Director of Nursing.
- Responsible for the management of the nursing department.
- Ensuring compliance with regulations for documentation from physicians and nursing personnel and ensuring that all regional policies/procedures are implemented.
- Assists with care planning process. Develop/implement quality assurance and risk management programs.
- Make rounds daily to direct the work of employees and to observe for hazards, work duty problems, and ensure services are delivered to clients consistent with needs.
- Assists with Continuous Quality Improvement and corrective follow-up actions.
- Follows up daily on each unit to ensure changes in status are reported and recorded and that services are provided.
- Completes chart audits and reports results and progress, and makes recommendations for improvement
- Ensures proper infection control techniques are utilized.
- Maintains effective communication with families, residents and facility staff.
- Current [link removed]
- Must have at least three years nursing experience and one year supervisory experience.
- Clerical ability is necessary to read reports and utilize data accurately for other purposes.
- Skill in organizing and planning programs and managing personnel to provide nursing service for residents.
- Ability to plan and direct the department, coordinating with other departments.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Long term care experience (Nursing home)