PSYCH RN - 23067829
The RN is responsible for managing patients admitted or being seen for medical conditions or surgical procedures; performs the primary function of a professional nurse leader in assessing, planning, guiding, and evaluating nursing care provided to patients. The RN provides safe, competent nursing care for patients in accordance with facility policies, standards, and philosophy. Provides professional leadership and support to the healthcare team. The concepts of Patient Centered Care will provide the foundation for all nursing care. Assessments related to specific conditions, therapies and interventions are required. The RN shall oversee and guide nursing employees that are under their supervision. Responsible for interaction with hospital staff and/or ancillary departments regarding patient care, concerns, and conflicts with identification and assistance in resolutions. May be occasions when it will be necessary to work weekends, holidays, evenings, nights, and/or on-call/call-back status. Demonstrates Service Excellence standards at all times.
- Prefer one year full time or three years part time experience in acute care setting.
- Must demonstrate commitment and adherence to STHS’s Compliance Program and Code of Conduct through compliance with all policies and procedures, the Code of Conduct, attendance at required training and immediately reporting suspected compliance issue(s) to the Compliance Officer.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
- Registered Nurse currently licensed in the State of Texas, or part of a compact state license, or has a valid temporary RN license for the State of Texas while waiting to receive the permanent license. BSN preferred.
- Effective January 6, 2012, must possess an Associate Degree, Baccalaureate Degree or Diploma from a School of Nursing or University. New graduate RN’s in possession of a permit to practice in the State of Texas may provide documentation from their RN program validating their completion of nursing program requirements.
- Must have and maintain BLS
Must have and maintain current certifications, according to unit specific needs. Certification must be in accordance with the curriculum of the AHA, for Healthcare Provider’s Program (for any and all certifications applicable through the AHA program).