Area Nurse Manager - 23109220
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you’ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Benefit plan package
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Associate Compassion Fund
- Associate Discounts
- Identity theft protection
- Pet savings and insurance plans
- Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
- Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
- Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Supports the District Director of Clinical Services (DDCS) in managing the healthcare operations of the communities in an assigned district. Helps ensure residents’ healthcare needs are met in compliance with state and federal regulations as well as Brookdale standards. Travels within the district as assigned to support management vacancy, training, auditing and any other area identified to ensure clinical excellence and meet state requirements.
- Travels throughout the district weekly to communities as assigned by the DDCS.
- Fills the role of HWD in assigned communities when an HWD is on leave, extended vacation or the position is vacant.
- Provides clinical support and guidance for communities with regulatory deficiencies.
- Audits community clinical compliance and partners with other leaders to design and implement action plans as needed.
- Provides root cause analysis and hands on support to ensure clinical outcome are meeting standards and key areas are current, which may include: service plans, orders, PCC compliance, MAR clarification, weights, skins, etc. Ensures compliance post-cleanup as needed.
- Supports clinical initiatives and roll-outs by leading training for the district and/or individual communities as assigned by DDCS.
- In some states coordinates and signs resident assessments. This may include completing comprehensive assessments including personal interview with the resident and other if the resident due to any impairment needs assist with history, etc.
- Facilitates RN Delegations for medications and care per state regulations.
- Participates in a variety of meetings with the division, district and individual communities.
- Provides training, coaching and guidance to clinical leaders and front line staff.
- Participates in clinical training and audits compliance; including facilitating Med Tech/QMAP/Med. Aide training and competency evaluations.
- May assist DDCS in clinical Quality Assurance (QA) site visits.
- Provides insight to DDCS on overall assessment of community strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT). May be asked to provide regular reports.
- Provides support in clinical investigations and may participate in disciplinary actions.
- Supports DDCS with special projects as assigned.
- Provide district clinical support when DDCS is unavailable which may include responding to questions, support move in/out discussions etc.
- Ensures proper and timely documentation in accordance with Brookdale policies and procedures and federal and state requirements.
- Maintains a working knowledge of and adheres to company policies, procedures and Clinical Systems.
- Utilizes the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation) in applying nursing knowledge in accordance with state nursing regulations.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by their supervisor.