Location: California - Santa Rosa
Duration: Full Time
Job ID: 23165408
Company: C.O. Clover Group, Inc
Contact: C.O. Clover Group, Inc Call: 6823479429
Practice Type: Private
Job Salary: Competitive
Job Updated: 10/13/21
RN DIRECTOR - HOME HEALTH - 23165408
RN DIRECTOR - HOME HEALTH
Under general direction of the Executive Director or designee, provides leadership and oversight to the Home Health Intermittent nursing, Rehab, and related services in a Nurse Executive role. Participates in decisions regarding home health, strategic planning, and operational activities as a member of the Executive Management Team. Works with Executive Management team to establish budget. Manages operations to meet budget. Works with the home health leadership team to plan, organize, staff, direct, coordinate and control the activities of the Home Health Agency. Provides leadership direction to home health staff to meet the balanced commitments of the our Health Home Health. Role models proactive, collaborative working relationships, functions in an interdisciplinary approach to patient care. Responds to concerns or issues relative to clinical practice or patient care and operations.
- Responsible for the development and management of the home health clinical care delivery process to ensure that policies, procedures, standards of care, and standards of practice are consistent across the intermittent service lines with current clinical research and practice. Participates in programs designed to measure, assess, and improve the quality of care delivered to patients.
- Responsible for stewardship of resources and managing budget for Home Health Agency.
- Promotes and maintains a positive, professional image of all clinical services. Recognizes managers and staff contributions consistently and facilitates educational and developmental opportunities for staff. Provides leadership, direction and mentoring to clinical managers that encourages goals achievement and professional growth.
- Fosters strong clinical morale by creating an environment that fosters personal investment and excellence; nurtures commitment to a common vision and shared values; builds effective teams committed to organizational goals, fosters collaboration, and encourages as well as empowers others to achieve. Accurately assesses the strengths and developmental needs of all managers and provides timely, constructive feedback that contributes to others’ development.
- Applies broad knowledge and seasoned experience when addressing complex issues; defines strategic issues clearly despite ambiguity; takes critical information into account when making decisions; makes timely, tough decisions in the context of the mission, vision, and values of our Home Health. Promotes a free flow of information and communication throughout the organization (upward, downward, and across); listens actively; encourages open expression of ideas and opinions. Communicates needs, issues, and concerns appropriately, utilizing the chain-of-command. Delivers clear, convincing, and well-organized presentations, projects credibility and poise even in highly visible, adversarial situations.
- Orchestrates the pace and process of change to maintain operating effectiveness; assigns clear accountability backed by appropriate authority utilizing an objective and systematic approach. Identifies opportunities for process/practice improvement and facilitates implementation of required changes. Ensures processes and programs are in place to continually promote, measure, and improve employee, referral sources, and patient satisfaction. Responsible for physician, staff, and patient satisfaction.
- Develops and implements long-range staffing plans; ensures that programs are maintained to encourage the recruitment and retention of quality patient care staff.
- Develops Network of care with referral sources to ensure patient needs and population health strategies are met. Develops successful collaborative practice model throughout clinical services.
- Networks and collaborates across the health care industry to continually strive towards best practices. Thinks broadly when seeking new ways to improve performance, processes, and services; creates an environment of continuous improvement; tries new approaches and takes appropriate risks; seeks out and utilizes best practices.
- Responsible for excellence in patient care delivery consistent with TJC, Title 22, COP’s and other related regulatory agencies through annual performance appraisal, competency-based practice standards and annual skill validation and proficiency of the clinical staff.
- Develops, monitors, and analyzes labor, operating, and budget expense in assigned areas and assures appropriateness of human and material resource allocations.
- Role models and mentors a positive image of nursing regarding the values/professional/ethical/legal framework in nursing.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of an organizational plan for provision of patient care and clinical care consistent with the strategic plan of Home Health.
- Participates with governance, Executive Management Team, medical staff, and other clinical leaders in decision-making, systems, and process review within the organization and throughout the continuum of care.
- Participates in development and promotion of the culture of safety program.
- Annually completes Compliance Education and understands applicable policies.
- Supports Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field.
- Five (5) years progressive managerial experience in large Home Health care agency/system.
- Clinical background as RN.
- Survey experience with TJC and State regulators.
- Experience with EMR
- Computer experience.
Licenses/Certifications: Must hold a current California Registered Nurse license.
- Knowledge of Home Health federal and state regulations & the joint commission standards.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to problem-solve, analyze situations, think critically, give constructive feedback, and supervise and team with others.
- Comprehensive general nursing knowledge.
- Interdisciplinary scope of practice knowledge.