RN - Case Manager / Home Health (Days) - 21700 (23180339)
• Ref #: 21700
• Profession: Registered Nurse
• Specialty: Case Manager
• Job Type: Full-time
• Location: Des Moines, IA
• J293Shift Schedule: 8-hours; 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
• Weekend: Every 3rd Weekend/Holiday rotation required
• Shift Type: Days
• 1 year current Case Management/Home Care experience - Required
• Current Ambulatory/Clinical experience- Required
• BSN - Required
• Competency in a variety of nursing skills and ability to perform without supervision (NPWT, complex wound care, IV therapy, catheter care, ostomy care, chronic disease management assessment, and teaching) - Required
• MSN - Highly Preferred
• EMR Experience - Highly Preferred
• ANCC Certification - Preferred
• COS-C Certification - Preferred
• Mandatory Reporter: Child; Dependent Adult Abuse. Person-Centered Care (PCC) course completion within first 12 months of hire and annual completion of competency validation activities.
• Iowa license (Compact Allowed)
• BLS (AHA)
• Makes visits to the homes of patients requiring home health nursing services and assumes responsibility for an ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient.
• Performs initial and comprehensive assessments on all patients in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
• Performs nursing assessment at each visit in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
• Ensures quality and safe delivery of services to patients according to the care plan.
• Uses equipment and supplies safely, effectively, and efficiently.
• Promotes patient independence by teaching patients and family members to understand the following as well as any additional education needs identified by the assessing clinician and/or physician: Treatment and disease management; Medications purpose, use, side effects, potential adverse effects; Proper use, safety hazards, and infection control issues related to the use and maintenance of equipment provided; Patient plan of care; Emergency preparedness;
• Provides the services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care.
• Provides patient, caregiver, and family counseling and education as indicated in the plan of care.
• Develops and continually updates a plan of care that specifies the care and services required to meet patient-specific needs determined during the comprehensive assessment and includes measurable outcomes that will occur as a result of implementing and coordinating the plan of care."