RN - Behavioral Health - Mental Health (Nights) Bettendorf, IA - 22865 (23180348)
• Ref #: 22865
• Profession: Registered Nurse
• Specialty: Psychiatry
• Job Type: Full-time
• Location: Bettendorf, IA
• Shift Type: Nights
• IA (or compact) RN license -Required
• 2 years of behavioral health experience- Preferred
• New Grads are welcome to apply
• Option for temp to perm
• Iowa license (Compact Allowed)
• Consults follow and document with sufficient detail nursing care according to facility policy and procedures. When policies do not comprehensively cover the nursing/administrative practice, initiates supervision with nursing's chain of command, medical staff, and/or administrator-on-call if after hours.
• Effectively communicates with the medical staff, receives verbal/written orders, and takes care to minimize abbreviation or other errors.
• Conducts a comprehensive nursing assessment on all patients admitted within eight (8) hours. Corresponding documentation reflects the medical and emotional status, admitting orders, and the initial care plan.
• Identifies indicators for a reassessment of the patient's conditions, reaction/responsiveness, and involvement of other disciplines.
• Administers medications, observes compliance/safe administration, consults pharmacy when indicated, and records effectiveness or reactions to psychotropic and other medications.
• Safely and accurately performs vital signs, electrocardiograms, phlebotomy/labs, and diabetic/glucose monitoring. Interprets results and takes appropriate nursing action.
• Provides patient education and verifies understanding.
• Arranges for additional consultations and test, and proactively coordinate transportation when needed.
• Monitors the work of assigned licensed and non-licensed personnel. When indicated initiates a refresher or recertifies competency in nursing processes.