RN - OR - General (Days) Grinnell, IA - 21929 (23180352)
• Ref #: 21929
• Profession: Registered Nurse
• Specialty: Operating Room
• Job Type: Full-time
• Location: Grinnell, IA
• J293Shift Schedule: 8-hours; 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
• Shift Type: Days
• 1-year current surgery/OR experience
• Current ACLS certification or completion within the first year of employment.
• Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
• BSN preferred
• Iowa license (Compact Allowed)
• BLS (AHA)
• Assess the perioperative patient physiological and psychosocial status to formulate a nursing care plan to include developing goals based upon nursing diagnosis and desired patient outcomes.
• Receives telephone, verbal, and written physician orders utilizes read back process, and processes orders accurately and timely.
• Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration, follows medication administration rights and processes, and appropriately documents all administered medications.
• Set-up, operate, and monitor specialized and complex patient care equipment to include but not limited to cardiac monitors, infusion medication pumps, electrocautery, robotics, laparoscopic, arthroscopic, and colonoscopes/EGD scopes for the management of the pre-operative, intraoperative and post-operative patients.
• Assesses the needs of patients and families, providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care
• Develops an individual plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team
• Promptly completes documentation in the electronic health record to assure an accurate legal record of patient care.
• Delivers high-quality care utilizing the nursing process while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the perioperative specialty in accordance with established policies, procedures, and standards of care.
• Utilizes holistic approach(considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
• Delegates and provides direction for other healthcare team members within their scope of practice and holds them accountable for their involvement in the plan of care.
• Utilizes critical thinking in developing nursing interventions while maintaining responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned patients.