RN - Clinic / Medical Office (Days) Grinnell, IA - 21930 (23180398)
• Ref #: 21930
• Profession: Registered Nurse
• Specialty: Family Practice/Primary Care
• Job Type: Full-time
• Location: Grinnell, IA
• J293Shift Schedule: 8-hours; 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
• Shift Type: Days
• 1-year current surgery/OR experience in a clinical setting
• Mandatory Reporter certification within the first 90 days.
• Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
• BSN preferred
• Iowa license (Compact Allowed)
• BLS (AHA)
• Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information preparing patients for examination, treatment, and minor surgical procedures.
• Demonstrates competence in the clinical skills necessary to carry out assigned job duties.
• May be required to draw and collect blood and other samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
• Perform EKGs.
• Apply Nursing Process (assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation within licensure guidelines).
• Administer vaccines and order medications by oral, IM, SQ, or ID routes.
• Telephone triage by providing and documenting advice for home care of illness/conditions; conducting follow-up phone calls regarding patient’s health and progress as necessary.
• Schedule referrals for patients with specialists or outpatient as requested by the provider. Complete appropriate forms or requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing, including prior authorizations.
• Understand inpatient and outpatient specialty procedures. Responsible for compliance with precertification requirements.
• Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests, and procedures to regularly follow patients' monitoring of disease status.
• Provide appropriate and timely documentation in the patient’s electronic health record using standardized workflows and processes.
• Assists leadership with quality and other clinic initiatives as needed.
• Keeps log on sample drugs, MSDS sheets, assists with safety surveys, tracks out-dates, AED log, and monitors refrigeration for immunizations.
• Be aware of what is happening in the clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails, and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
• Demonstrate initiative to improve responsibilities; be open and objective to others’ views; give welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals, and put the success of the team above own interests.
• Perform other duties as requested by clinic leadership to facilitate the smooth and efficient operations of the office.