RN - Emergency Room (Varied) Peoria, IL - 22000 (23180438)
• Ref #: 22000
• Profession: Registered Nurse
• Specialty: Emergency & Trauma
• Job Type: Full-time
• Location: Peoria, IL
• Shift Type: Varied
• 1 year current ED experience in a hospital setting
• BSN Required
• Illinois license
• ACLS (AHA)
• PALS (AHA)
• BLS (AHA)
• Assesses patient status through the interview, observation, and physical assessment of actual problems and outcomes
• Develops an individualized plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team
• Uses appropriate interventions identified in the plan of care to achieve expected patient outcomes.
• Systematically evaluates and documents patient's progress toward expected outcomes/goals on an ongoing basis throughout the shift.
• Modifies plan of care based on evaluation and as needed based on changes in patient condition.
• Completes required documentation as appropriate, including patient charts and event reports.
• Demonstrates professional accountability for own practice as evidenced through seeking resources and continued self-development.
• Demonstrates technical knowledge of equipment and troubleshoots when problems arise.
• Acquires and maintains current knowledge and skills in evidence-based nursing practice.
• Promotes the professional development of self and team members
• Shares clinical knowledge through informal teaching and in response to the learning needs of others.
• Demonstrates a practical problem-solving approach to patient moving and handling issues (as applicable).
• Demonstrates skills to promote patient and staff safety through the appropriate use of lift equipment (as applicable).
• Possesses knowledge and skills necessary to obtain adequate lab specimens for testing.
• Performs patient bedside lab testing and associated quality control in compliance with medical provider’s orders and hospital lab procedures/policies.