RN - Infusion Therapy / Oncology (Days) - 21788 (23180448)
• Ref #: 21788
• Profession: Registered Nurse
• Specialty: Infusion
• Job Type: Full-time
• Location: Fort Dodge, IA
• J293Shift Schedule: 8-hours; 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
• Weekend: Weekend Call
• Shift Type: Days
• 1-year current hospital experience - Required
• BSN - Preferred
• Iowa license (Compact Allowed)
• ACLS (AHA)
• BLS (AHA)
• Assesses and monitors total physiological, psychological, sociocultural, and spiritual needs of infant, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
• Provides nursing care in accordance with nursing standards and the infant, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient.
• Assesses and plans for discharge needs, evaluate adult and geriatric patients and significant others' educational needs, and initiates and implements appropriate teaching protocols or makes appropriate referrals.
• Documents nursing care consistent with documentation guidelines.
• Communicate with other members of the healthcare team in order to ensure continuity of care and coordination of services.
• Participates in unit operations demonstrating professional behaviors to include supporting goals of the nursing unit and maintaining awareness of resource utilization.
• Participates in non-direct patient care activities including educational activities, performance improvement activities, standards development and review, hospital/nursing committees, and other related activities.
• Demonstrates technical skills proficiently for the comfort and safety of infant, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
• Demonstrates positive customer relations skills.
• Provides nursing care utilizing a knowledge base and understanding regarding medical necessity.
• Provide assistance to the Radiation Oncology Department and Cancer Services.
• Adheres to all departmental and hospital policies and procedures.