RN - Critical Care / Float (Nights) - 21789 (23180476)
• Ref #: 21789
• Profession: Registered Nurse
• Specialty: ICU
• Job Type: Full-time
• Location: Fort Dodge, IA
• J293Shift Schedule: 12-hours; 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM
• Weekend: Every 3rd weekend and two holidays/year
• Shift Type: Nights
• 1-year current hospital experience - Required
• BSN - Preferred
• ACLS (AHA)
• BLS (AHA)
• Assesses and monitors total physiological, psychological, sociocultural, and spiritual needs of adult and geriatric patients.
• With guidance from/collaboration with the care coordinator, initiates and prioritizes with the patient/significant other, an individualized, interdisciplinary team (IDT) plan of care reflective of changing needs/goals as determined by evaluating the patient/significant other response to the plan of care.
• Provides nursing care in accordance with nursing standards and the adult and geriatric patient's IDT plan of care.
• With guidance and direction of the care coordinator assesses and plans for discharge needs, evaluates adult and geriatric patients and significant others' educational needs, and initiates and implements appropriate teaching protocols or makes appropriate referrals.
• Documents nursing care consistent with documentation guidelines.
• Communicate with other members of the healthcare team in order to ensure continuity of care and coordination of services.
• Participates in unit operations demonstrating professional behaviors to include supporting goals of the nursing unit and maintaining awareness of resource utilization.
• Participates in non-direct patient care activities including educational activities, performance improvement activities, standards development and review, hospital/nursing committees, and other related activities.
• Demonstrates positive customer relations skills.
• Must successfully complete and pass unit-required educational classes.
• Adheres to hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
• Assists physicians with procedures.