RN - Surgery & Procedure Center (Varied) - 21752 (23180483)
• Ref #: 21752
• Profession: Registered Nurse
• Specialty: Operating Room
• Job Type: Full-time
• Location: Fort Dodge, IA
• J293Shift Schedule: 12-hours; 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
• Shift Type: Varied
• 1-year current clinic experience - Required
• MS experience preferred
• BSN - Preferred
• Iowa license (Compact Allowed)
• BLS (AHA)
• Assesses and plans for discharge needs, evaluate adult and geriatric patients and significant others' educational needs, and initiates and implements appropriate teaching protocols or makes appropriate referrals.
• Documents nursing care consistent with documentation guidelines.
• Communicate with other members of the healthcare team in order to ensure continuity of care and coordination of services.
• Demonstrates positive, professional communication with open dialogue among members of the healthcare team.
• Consistently displays an open, creative attitude toward continual learning.
• Demonstrates respect for patients’ confidentiality in all communication.
• Participates in unit operations demonstrating professional behaviors to include supporting goals of the nursing unit and maintaining awareness of resource utilization.
• Participates in non-direct patient care activities including educational activities, performance improvement activities, standards development and review, hospital/nursing committees, and other related activities.
• Demonstrates technical skills proficiently for the comfort and safety of infant, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
• Demonstrates positive customer relations skills.
• Provides nursing care utilizing a knowledge base and understanding regarding medical necessity.
• Adheres to all departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates competent use of computer programs as appropriate
• Demonstrates support of organizational values of caring, integrity, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement, learning, and excellence.
• Consistently demonstrates the ability to anticipate and prepare for changes within the patient group ( admissions, discharges, transfers, increased patient care needs, etc)
• Maintains strong knowledge of the electronic medical record.
• Consistently integrates all aspects of service excellence into all functions and maintains a service excellence culture and philosophy.
• Demonstrates positive communication and interpersonal relationships when dealing with patients and families.
• Demonstrates collaborative decision-making when participating with other healthcare team members.
• Provides assistance and direction in maintaining an excellent working relationship with referring physicians and multidisciplinary teams.
• Demonstrates skill and competence in providing or directing the care of patients of all ages which includes physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs.
• Engages in collegial relationships, which support personal and professional growth.
• Utilizes a family-centered, patient-focused approach to plan, direct and evaluate patient care needs.
• Receive, documents, and resolves through personal action or appropriate referral patient/family complaints or problems.