RN (FT) - Tallahatchie Correctional Center - req13973 (23224674)
DISCOVER NURSING RATES UP TO 38.40 PER HOUR PLUS DIFFERENTIAL AND INCENTIVES.
At CoreCivic, our employees are driven by service, professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good. CoreCivic is currently seeking Registered Nurses who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting.
As we start the new year, is it time to evaluate your career and your passion. CoreCivic provides the opportunity to work with those most in need, to see clinical diagnosis not typically seen in the traditional healthcare setting and the ability to pursue unprecedented career growth opportunities.
Correctional Healthcare is a specialty only for those who want to provide care to those who typically have never received it. We incorporate traditional healthcare while integrating mental health issues that directly impact not just the patient but the entire community.
We welcome you to apply to gain a better understanding the complex challenges of working in such a fundamentally underserved and often ignored segment of our community.
NEW GRADUATES ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
At CoreCivic, our employees are driven by service, professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good. CoreCivic is currently seeking Registered Nurses who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Registered Nurse (RN) plans and provides comprehensive nursing care including, but not limited to, executing Licensed Independent Provider’s orders, dispensing and administering medications, and assisting Licensed Independent Provider in examinations and treatment of patients. Applies nursing and supervisory techniques required in the care, treatment, and referrals of inmates/residents. Performs all technical/clinical procedures within the scope of his/her education and licensure.
More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety, We operate safe, secure facilities that provide high-quality services and effective reentry programs that enhance public safety;CoreCivic Properties, We offer innovative and flexible real estate solutions that provide value to the government and the people they serve;CoreCivic Community, We deliver proven and innovative practices in settings that help people obtain employment, successfully reintegrate into society and keep communities safe.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
- Apply appropriate nursing skills in the area and treatment of inmates/residents.
- Attend sick call with the physician to see inmates/residents; prepare a list of inmates/residents to be examined; prepare examining room and equipment
- Examine and assess new inmates/residents with illnesses or injuries or inmates/residents who become ill or injured; refer inmates/residents to the emergency room or other appropriate healthcare facilities as required by their condition.
- Perform emergency procedures as needed and notify Licensed Independent Provider for treatment orders.
- Provide guidance, supervise and monitor nursing care provided by licensed vocational/practical nursing staff and non-licensed medical staff.
- Graduate from an accredited college, university or nursing program with a degree/diploma in nursing.
- Must possess current licensure in the state of employment.
- One (1) year of professional nursing experience preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
Legal Disclaimer: CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE – including Disability/Veteran