RN - Med/Surg - Columbus, GEORGIA - USA - 23238082
We recognize that our patients deserve qualified, engaged, and competent nurses. And we know that our nurses deserve a working environment that is safe, leaders who are visible and supportive, and opportunities to grow and develop. We have a positive, hopeful, and resilient leadership team that is solely focused on taking care of the heart of St. Francis – the people who work here. If you feel that your skills and compassion fit with our vision for person-centered care and evidence-based practice, and you would like to belong to a hospital family that only the best are invited to join, we invite you to apply today.
Under the direction of the Clinical Coordinator and/or Nursing Unit Director, perform nursing patient care duties for the assigned unit or department. Plan, provide, and evaluate total nursing care in accordance with the established patient care philosophy. Facilitate individualized, goal-directed nursing care through use of the nursing process and the principles of primary nursing in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and procedures. Relate effectively with other shifts for continuity of care, maintain satisfactory relations with other departments and nursing units; and participate in all phases of education.
- Identifies existing and potential problems, and seek or implement appropriate solutions.
- Performs plan of care interventions, including specimen collection and wound care. May administer medication. Documents patient care given.
- ProvideS nursing care through planning, organizing, and facilitating the nursing function for assigned patients.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living, including personal hygiene, elimination, nutrition, and ambulation.
- Monitors, documents, and communicates patient's status and reactions to interventions with RN, physician, patient, and families.
- Works as an advocate for the physical and emotional well-being of the patient.
Day shift, 10+ hr/shift, rotate weekends 3 Positions available
Night Shift, 10+ hr/shift, rotate weekends 5 positions available
- PALS within 6 months of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS)-Required
- Handle with Care Certification within 6 months
- Six (6) months of experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) in a direct patient care setting unless entering into the Nurse Residency Program
- Valid licensure in the State of Georgia as a Registered Nurse (RN)