ASSISTANT UNIT DIRECTOR - BIRTH CENTER - 23547825
ASSISTANT UNIT DIRECTOR - BIRTH CENTER
The Assistant Unit Director is involved in ensuring optimal patient outcomes through effective leadership and / or provision of patient care delivery in the Birth Center at the hospital. Promotes environment for a shared voice in nursing practice and exchange of ideas to continually improve nursing and patient care outcomes. Accountable for the quality, safety, and cost-effectiveness of patient care. Consults and collaborates with other health care professionals to coordinate the management of patient care. Serves as a resource to staff, physicians, students and others.
This position is a Monday - Friday, 10 hour night shift position.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or higher level degree of nursing education
- Minimum of two years of experience in Labor and Delivery
- Demonstrated hospital management skills, with progressive expertise in patient care services. Knowledge to manage disaster incidents, critical events and ability to problem solve with critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to create and maintain a climate for effective communication and collaborative decision making.
- Knowledge of relevant healthcare information technology and patient care workflows and processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements, as well as related legislative, accreditation, licensing and compliance environments.
- Active Registered Nurse licensure in the State of California
- Active American Heart Association CPR Certification
- Active American Heart Association NRP Certification
- Strong leadership, fiscal and operations management skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with physicians, management and staff from all disciplines. Ability to create and maintain a goal-oriented climate of teamwork, collaboration and consistent achievement of objectives.
- Master's Degree in Nursing
Skills and Certifications:
CA RN license
Active AHA BLS
Active AHA NRP
Bachelor's of Science in Nursing
Minimum of two years of RN experience in Labor and Delivery