ER Registered Nurses - WEEKEND SHIFTS - PT/PRN/Casual - Pay starting at $34.50 PRN - 23611828
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plan, prioritize, and provide proficient, age-specific and developmentally/specialty appropriate nursing care by applying advanced specialty clinical nursing knowledge and skills and for ensuring the comfort and safety of patients/families
- Proficiently and consistently complete accurate, concise and legible documentation on medical records
- Observe and record signs, symptoms and behaviors including the physiological status of patients
- Presents proposed revision of interventions and desired outcomes
- Maintain patient's privacy and confidentiality of information and records at all times
- Follow physician’s orders in the delivery of nursing care
- Collect laboratory samples and perform lab testing in accordance with established policies and procedures, as well as COLA and CLIA regulations
- Adhere to required infection control, isolation procedures and aseptic techniques in the delivery of patient care
- Perform admission, discharge and transfer procedures
- Participate in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the nursing care given
- Assemble equipment and supply for various diagnostic or treatment procedures in the specialty service area; performs or assists others with procedures or treatments. Handle care in accordance with legal, hospital/facility, departmental policies and procedures, and established standards of nursing care and practice, as defined by the Board of Nursing of PA.
- The ER ADD RN must practice in conjunction with a ER RN at all times
- The ER ADD RN may only be utilized in units where they are functioning as a second nurse and must always have a second RN on shift who meets our standard experience requirements.
- The ER ADD RN must meet the benchmark score for the Jane Assessment within 2 months of hire.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform all Quality Assessment activities assigned and document
- Attend staff meetings or other company sponsored or mandated meetings as required
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree, required; BSN, preferred
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse without sanctions, required
- 2+ years full-time RN experience in ER or other comparable experience, required
- Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS certifications from the American Heart Association, required; ENPC certification from ENA may be substituted for PALS certification; TNCC preferred
- Position requires fluency in English; written and oral communication
The purpose of this position is to perform the primary functions of a nurse in assessing, planning, directing, and evaluating patient care in the Emergency Room.