$5000 sign on Bonus! PT Psychiatrist Nurse Practitioner, Pay Rate $75 an Hr, with Full Time Employment, No Contracts and Great Benefits at the Lawrenceville Correctional and Rehab Facility - 23611870
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner evaluates patients referred for assessment due to symptoms of behavioral health disorder(s).
- Provides appropriate medication management services for any patient requiring psychiatric intervention.
- Refers patients for psychotherapy, counseling or inpatient care as necessary.
- Completes suicide risk assessment as appropriate.
- Provides emergency psychiatric care as required.
- Consults with psychiatrist as appropriate and receives clinical supervision whenever required by licensing board in the state where the facility is located.
- The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner reviews and adjusts as necessary all maintenance medications based on clinical judgment and as required by policy.
- The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner prescribes medications according to established formulary and follows protocol for requesting nonformulary medication only when determined that existing formulary medications would be ineffective in treating the patient.
- Demonstrates an awareness of drug seeking behavior and prescribes medication only when clinically appropriate to treat an identified mental illness as listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders-Fifth Edition.
- Does not prescribe for insomnia but first refers patients to a psychologist, social worker, or mental health counselor to utilize cognitive-behavioral interventions for the treatment of insomnia when appropriate.
- Collaborate with counselors, social workers, psychologists, or other treatment team members to coordinate patient care.
- Schedules appropriate follow-up with patients consistent with policy and client requirements.
- Provides in-service education for medical and correctional staff as requested.
- Documents all services provided in the patient’s medical file.
- Participates in review of the quality of care provided.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Excellent diagnostics skills, patience, and strong communication skills are all key qualities we look for. Our employees feel proud to play a role in our patient’s re-entry to society. Apply if the following apply to you:
- Master’s or Doctoral Degree from accredited Nursing Program.
- An unrestricted license to practice as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)-PMH in the state in which the facility is located.
- ANCC or ANA certification as an APRN-PMH.
- Two (2) years of clinical experience as a psychiatric provider.
- Copy of professional license to remain on file at the Facility where services are rendered at all times.
- Must have a valid DEA number and unrestricted DEA license.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Ability to utilize an electronic health record and to complete documentation in a timely manner.
- Ability to pass any required background check.
- Complete credentialing process prior to the treatment of any patients.