Duration: Full Time
Job ID: 23612178
Company: The GEO Group, Inc.
Contact: Michele Dobos Call: 5618930101
Job Updated: 05/12/22
Come Join our Winning Team! Clinical RN Nursing Supervisor, Pay Rate up to $92K Annually, with Full Time Employment, No Contracts and Great Benefits at the South Louisiana Processing Center - 23612178
- Maintain relationships with correctional staff, nurses, contract providers and agencies.
- Responsible for staff scheduling, ensuring there is cover and monitoring overtime.
- Assisting management in recruiting, onboarding, supervising, and evaluating performance.
- Monitor staff compliance to all facility policies.
- Perform audits of medical records, narcotic counts, referrals, and sick calls.
- Maintains adequate medical supplies to meet the needs of the detainee/inmates.
- Ensures that all detainees/inmates working as medical orderlies are sufficiently trained in sanitary practices.
- Monitors care of serious medical conditions with the potential for life threatening or liability issues.
- Follow industry and company accreditation policies.
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree from an approved program; graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Must have a current, unrestricted license to practice as Registered Nurse in the state the facility is located. Maintains a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience and competence in performance of the following services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical assessment, medical nursing care, and psychiatric nursing care preferred.
- Must have the ability to work without direct, immediate supervision in performing nursing diagnosis, and be able provide appropriate follow through treatment.