Detox Nurse **$40-$47hr** - 23658377
Princeton Detox and Recovery Center is a private detox level of care in Monmouth Junction, NJ. We are searching for an experienced RN to work in a substance use disorder primary facility to work.
I. GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The Detox Nurse is responsible for all Nursing related services for each patient and for linking patients to the physicians and to outside medical resources. The Detox Nurse is responsible for providing medical & history screens, providing routine nursing care and overseeing the medical and psychiatric management of the patient in coordination with the attending physician.
II. POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Minimum of Associates Degree, BSN preferred
At least one year working in a detoxification unit or substance abuse treatment agency is preferred.
CERTIFICATION / LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of New Jersey
OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURES/ UAVOIDABLE HAZARDS:
Routine tasks involve potential exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, but employment may require performing unplanned Category I tasks.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES (general overview)
- Completes nursing assessment at time of patients admission.
- Administers medications and monitors the detoxification process, including observing and assessing the patients for clinical signs and systems.
- Provides individual and group therapy on topics, issues and concerns relating to nursing discipline.
- Collects information and completes documentation for each client in accordance with licensure and current policies.
- Substance Use Disorder: 1 year (Preferred)
- Detox: 1 year (Preferred)