Registered Nurse (Coast Guard- New London) - 23672250
Vesa Health & Technology/Sterling Medical Team is seeking an RN to provide care to our Nation's military members and veterans!
This rewarding position offers:
-15 days PTO
1. Assesses patient’s needs for nursing care, plans for nursing interventions, assess the effectiveness of the interventions and alters the nursing plan and interventions appropriately.
2. Provides patient education, disease management assistance and ongoing monitoring as directed by the Primary Care Manager.
3. Provide nursing triage to acute issues in addition to regular scheduled appointments, with immediate evaluation and management of emergent problems as they occur.
4. Administers oxygen, IV fluids, and prescribed oral, subcutaneous and intra-muscular medication in accordance with provider orders and regulations.
5. Prepares patients for surgical and or diagnostic procedures.
6. Prepares, operates, and monitors specialized equipment such as cardiac monitors, defibrillators, etc.
7. Inventories medicine and drug stocks to ensure adequate supplies and controls.
8. Participates in training to clinic staff; Provides instruction on an ad hoc basis.
9. Participates in the Health Services Quality Improvement Program, as directed by the Clinic Administrator.
10. Prepare and submit appropriate documentation as specified in applicable regulations.
11. Provide coordination of care between civilian, DOD and CG facilities in accordance with standards of practice established at the clinic for referral management.
12. Communicates and coordinates with HSWL-SC Operational Medicine Nurse Consultant regarding complex care oversight.
- A diploma or degree from a National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) accredited school of Nursing
- Current, unrestricted license to practice Registered Nursing in assigned practice state- Certification in BLS by AHA, ARC, ASHI or ACEP
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in the field in the past 3 years; 1 year of ambulatory care experience in family practice or internal medicine in the past 5 years
-"No adverse information" on file with the National Practitioners Data Band (NPDB)