Operating Room RN - ($Rates raised$ + 13 week contract) - 23750042
We are looking for a competent Operating room nurse (or perioperative nurse) to assist surgeons during operations and keep the operating room sterile at all times.
They need to possess phenomenal efficiency and attention to detail with a strong knowledge of operation procedures and patient safety. Being compassionate and sensitive is a prerequisite for the profession. The ideal candidate goes one step further by being a critical thinker, fast to act in emergencies.
- Assess patients prior to surgery (e.g. NPO status) and alleviate their concerns
- Gather all supplies needed for the operation
- Assume responsibility of keeping the operating room sterilized
- Position and prepare patient on operating table
- Pass medical instruments or other objects to the surgeon during operation
- Monitor patient’s vital signs to detect anomalies
- Evaluate patient in postoperative phases
- Adhere to safety standards and precautions
- Assume duties within or out of the sterile field as assigned
Two years of the following experience is required:
Scrub and circulating experience IV insertion and phlebotomy skill conscious sedation experience
- IV CERTIFICATION
- RN LICENS